Editing will be locked on December 31st, 2017. All content and images will still be available for the time being. Thank you for 10 years!
Userpedia:The Disconnected/Issue III
|The Disconnected calendar for 2009|
|September 12th||October 10th|
|November 10th||December 12th|
| Fake News
|Director's Notes|| Events|
Super Paper Mario Bros.
| Fun Stuff
Marioguy1 & Super Paper Mario Bros.
| Music & Artwork
|Music & Artwork|
|About · Archives|
GAH THE EIGHTIES ARE EPIC, EVERYTHING WAS GRUNGE, BRITNEY SPEARS WASN'T FAMOUS, ALT ROCK IS COOL, TEEN POP WASN'T THE LEADING GENRE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. thank you and give me some whiskey
Oh boy! Hello fellow readers, and welcome to the
Userpedia Drama Showcase of the Month Events Column. This time, the list will be full of controversies galore, with a few notes about promotions added as well...
- All on one day...
- Tabuuownsall132x2 (now known as Paint it Black) demoted back-up #userpedia operator, Smiley the Hun, but repromoted her shortly after.
- Later that evening, Stooben Rooben came in and successfully settled the dispute.
- The chatroom (#userpedia) basically devolved into arguments about the supposed abuse of power.
- Glaive demoted himself, but St00ben repromoted him.
- Marioguy1 and Hemu were recently promoted to Patroller, which the ranking itself being reinstated when MG1 was promoted to it.
- The first back-up ops were promoted in #userpedia. It was, at first, Marioguy1, but then Patrollers were given level 120 Auto-Op. Smiley the Hun is now the only back-up operator, since Hemu became a Patroller, and is the first #userpedia operator not to be a member of the Userpedia wiki.
In other news, the Banjo-Kazooie Wiki has shut down and has become the Jorge Wiki: the wiki for all nonsense articles and Mountain Dew. The 'Shroom has released its thirty-second issue, and seems to be in the process of being revamped; with the merging of the Pipe Plaza, the rules becoming more strict, new rules involving better quality and grammar of the sections being created, and the Editor in Chief position being reinstated: the position was abolished in 2007 by Plumber as it was deemed unnecessary. The Editor in Chief checks all 'Shroom sections to make sure that the grammar is near-perfect and to make sure that it meets size requirements and that it has good quality.
Well, that is all I will report this issue, with more to come next issue! See you all around!
A women went to the doctor and said "I broke my leg in two places." The Doctor says, "Stop going to those places."
Shell be coming round the mountain when she comes.
Q. How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Only one, but the light bulb has to WANT to change.
He ate so much over the holidays that he decided to quit cold turkey.
A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
Crossword (Super Mario Bros.)
Hey guys! This is SMB, and I am sorry to announce that due to a series of events, I could not create a new crossword for this issue. I will, however, list the answers from the last crossword. Nobody sent me the answers to it, so nobody gets mentioned. Anyway, here are the answers:
- 1. Broken Soul]]
- 2. Maurice the Terrible
- 4. Wiki Erasing
- 5. WarioLoaf
- 7. [[|Murzon#Murzim|Murzim]]
- 10. The War
- 11. Plumber
Here's a riddle for you! When you give up - highlight the space below the question to see the answer.
You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?
Corn on the Cob
Did you know? (Marioguy1)
Here are ten random facts that you may or may not already know but never would have expected XD
- $1.19 is the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- The surface area of an average-sized brick is 79 cm squared.
- Karoke means "empty orchestra" in Japanese.
- Odontophobia is the fear of teeth.
- It is possible to have Claustrophobia (the fear of enclosed spaces) and Angoraphobia (the fear of wide open spaces) all in one person.
- The longest word in the english language is pneumonaultramicroscopicsilicovolcaniconiosis
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- The bagpipe was originally made from the whole skin of a dead sheep.
- 7.5 million toothpicks can be created from a cord of wood.
- Cats can hear ultrasound.
Guess Who! (Marioguy1)
Once again as before, highlight the space below for the answer!
Here are some hints in order - use as many as you need to guess the user in the answer section.
I am a user of the mariowiki.
I have no registered account creation date.
I am the mariowiki's very first promoted bureaucrat.
Music & Artwork
Random Image of the Month (Marioguy1)
Hey guys, this is SMB covering for MG1. I don't know where he is at all, he was supposed to publish this month's issue. At any rate, I will be adding this month's Events column and wait for MG1 to come along and add the sections that he recieved on the forum. If worse comes to worse, this issue will just be the Events and the Director's Notes, with much more to come at the last issue of '09, perhaps some special guests. I will note here that KPT has resigned from Userpedia, thus giving up his co-director powers of The Disconnected. Ralphfan has been appointed to Fun Stuff director, and Tucayo also resigned from his Crazy Interviews position. Anyway, see you all around, and have a happy November!
Wow! This issue was hard! I thought it came out on saturday so I wasn't prepared and I had to send in my sections at the last second. Anyhow we have had a very unfortunate amount of sections in again due to our large lack of staff in many of the newer (and some of the older) parts of the newspaper. If you would like to sign up then please do at. There are still a huge amount of easy positions for you to sign up for. Now read on for the best sections we could muster up!