Editing will be locked on December 31st, 2017. All content and images will still be available for the time being. Thank you for 10 years!
List of Userpedia comic genres
- See also: Comics
A list of the comic genres on Userpedia.
Humor comics are the most common comics, as well as the shortest-lived.
Parody comics are a sub-genre of humor comics. They are usually identical to real-life TV shows or movies, but with some characters changed or switched out. They are the most commonly created comics, but only one or two of them have ever had more than one issue. Despite the genre being one of the most heavily criticized due to its lack of originality, Friday Night Live- often hailed as the greatest humor comic in the wiki- is a parody comic.
Known parody comics are as follows:
- Friday Night Live (Known as the most famous and popular humor comic)
- Jorge and the Family
- Jorge Bond (Never had any issues)
- Mario Kart (Short lived)
- PY's War on Comics (Had four issues, then was canceled)
- Rush Wiki (Became very popular)
- Super Mario Wiki Z (Had two issues, banned by critics)
- Toadfeld (Became very popular)
- Total Drama Wiki (Never had any issues)
- Userpedia Wars
- The Wikimpsons (Issues upcoming)
Due to the short-lived nature of parody comics, they are often deleted very quickly, with the result that the details of many parody comics cannot be accessed; thus, this list does not have as many parody comics as it would if all information was available.
The first-ever usercomic was a random skit comic, making this the oldest genre. Random skit comics were highly popular during the Editthis era and the beginning of the Scribblewiki era, but the rise of the epic genre led to most random skit comics being abandoned in favor of the epics.
Known random skit comics are as follows:
- Unnamed original Usercomic (the most influential Usercomic in existence, seeing as it was the first ever)
- The B Files (The most long lived random skit comic)
- The Dorf Adventures of Toadbert
- The Glitches in Life
- Jorge V.s. President Obama
- Neptune's Grand Adventures
- Suit the F**k Up
- Sunday Morning Comics (Had only one issue)
- Two Sprites and a Room
- Uniju Holiday Theater
- WTF Tales (The most popular random skit comic)
Much like parody comics, random skit comics are usually short-lived, so that the details of many parody comics cannot be accessed; thus, this list does not have as many random skit comics as it would if all information was available.
Adventure comics are the most popular comics to read on the wiki, but definitely not the most popular to make.
Epic comics are those which are about a journey or a saga of some sort, and are (usually) very long, detailed, and popular. They were extremely popular in 2007 and 2008, leading to a rise in comics which are considered classics today.
Known epic comics are as follows:
- Adventure of SK
- A Spammers Revenge
- Bouncing Through the Multiverse
- Brawl of the Wiki
- Final de Wiki 3 (The third in the End Series, the comic was canceled. The second, Server's End, was more of a basic adventure comic than an epic comic)
- IAESL 1
- Legends of the Fallenstar (Often considered the greatest comic in Userpedian history)
- The Lost Adventures
- Master Wikians
- The Shadow Chronicles
- Ten Thousand Trolls
- Trolls' Island
- The Ultimate Source of Power
- Userpedia The Untold Story
- When Sysops Attack!
- Wiki's End (Aside from the unnamed original usercomic, Wiki's End is the most influential comic in wiki history-this was also the first comic to be finished)
Post-epic comics are those which are heavily influenced by the epic comics movement of 2008, but are also influenced (though less so) by other genres. Post-epic comics became popular during the Adriels era.
Known post-epic comics are as follows:
- 1 Wiki Millenia (Drama/Epic)
- The Adventures of Cmario17
- Dawn of Shadow
- Death to Wiki
- IAESL 2 (the first post-epic comic)
- IAESL 3
- Key to the Wiki (Epic/Noir)
- Project Mass Destruction (Adventure/Comedy/Epic)
- Race to The Start
- Road to Endgame (the second post-epic comic, popularized the genre)
- Silence (Drama/Epic/Horror/Sci-fi)
- Spy (Action/Adventure/Epic)
- Struck by Evil (Action/Epic)
- Userpedia is Dead, Long Live Userpedia
- Userpedia The Untold Story (Epic/Sci-fi)
- Wiki Wars
Basic adventure comics are more simple than epic and post-epic comics, and often do not last as long. Known basic adventure comics are as follows:
- The 8 Royal's Rescue
- Anton the 5th Mushketeer (Adventure/Comedy)
- The Armageddon of Adriels
- 'A Shy Guy's Story
- Bodacious Legends of Ambiguous Hilarity (Adventure/Comedy)
- Changes (Adventure/Comedy)
- The Impossible Heist
- The Paper Mario.com-ic
- Race to The Start (Action/Adventure)
- Server's End
- The Shadow Siege
- Terror of the Trolls
- The Three Mushketeers (Adventure/Comedy)
- The Wiki Time Machine
- Wiki War I
- Rise of the Fiend
Genres that are not very well-known yet, or have only one or two comics in that style.
Surrealist comics have become increasingly popular, though they are nowhere near as popular as humor comics and comics. Known surrealist comics are as follows:
- FNL: WTF Edition
These comics are a cross between the epic comic genre and the surrealist comic genre.
- Child Swallows World - Ferrets Still Banned in China (vol. 2, part XII)
- The totally radically amazingly amazing adventures of anti-malware man & norton gordon